Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Believing in me

"Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right."
                                                                          -Henry Ford 

This is where it all starts. In March 2012 I was at my heaviest weight. Miserable doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. I decided right then it was time to make a change. Not just a diet. Not just a new exercise. A LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

After several friends had been successful with it, I ordered the Advocare 24 Day Challenge system for myself. My dad ordered his as well, and we tackled the next 24 days together. This was the start of something amazing for me! I was finally able to find something I could stick with and that gave me the results I want. Around this time, I also started walking with a close friend 4 days a week. My husband and I also signed up for The Color Run last September. Although I was not where I could run the whole thing, I am pleased to say that I ran over half, probably pushing close to 3/4 of the 5k. I was happy with that, but I want more. I was an athlete in high school. I hated running then, but I'm determined to get active and make running a part of my life. I'm starting fresh with hitting the pavement. After losing 35 pounds this last year and currently being on my third 24 day challenge, I decided it was time to give the C25K program another shot. I am currently on week 3, with one day to go. Some ladies at work and I are giving the Color Run another go next weekend. We may even up walking it all, but I'm determined to at least run parts of it.

Within the past month of the C25K program, I have fallen in love with being active. I get excited just thinking about lacing up my new running shoes and putting on my new running tops and listening to my new running playlist. By no means do I consider myself "a runner," but I would like to say that I enjoy the jog. I have also discovered that I love other activities such as tennis, Zumba, and more. All of these activities involve being on my feet and getting moving. So stayed tuned as I keep you updated on where my happy soles take me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment